Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund
The Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund (“SIMM or the Fund”) is the largest open-ended mutual fund in Nigeria. Authorized and registered in Nigeria under Section 160 of the Investment & Securities Act no 29 2007, the Fund invests 100% of its assets in low risk money market securities with financial institutions in Nigeria rated “BBB” and above by a recognized local rating agency recognized by the commission. The fund has been assigned a “Aa(f)” rating by Agusto & Co a number of times. This is the highest rating yet to be conferred on a fund managed in Nigeria by the reputable rating agency.
The rating as defined by the acclaimed rating agency denotes a fund with minimal exposure to downside risk (i.e. impairment of the net asset value) in the medium term. The rating was also supported by the good quality of the underlying assets which are in line with SEC guidelines for money market funds.
The Fund offers access to a diversified portfolio of money market securities such as Guaranteed Commercial Papers, Treasury Bills, Banker’s Acceptance, Certificate of Deposit and other fixed income investments with rated financial institutions in Nigeria.
The primary objective of the Fund will be achieved by utilising the bargaining power that is obtained from pooling of funds to actively invest in a portfolio of short term money market securities and government papers. The Fund also offers an opportunity for parents/guardians to subscribe to units of the fund on behalf of and in the name of minors like all the other Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds. The Fund also enables foreign investors to subscribe and repatriate their redemption proceeds at the prevailing official foreign exchange rate.
With a minimum investment amount of N5,000, the Fund offers investors liquidity, capital preservation, competitive yields, flexibility and diversification of their investment portfolio alongside the experience and track record of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management in the Nigerian financial market. View the Yield History of the Fund.
Initial Price: N100 (Norminal Value)
Portfolio allocation: 100% Money Market investments
Minimum investment: N5,000 initial and subsequent investment of N5,000
Asset Allocation: 100% in money market securities
Quarterly income streams
Suitable for risk averse / near cash investors
Professional management at an affordable price
Competitive returns that rival direct money market placements
Cash flow and liquidity management
Ease of entry and exit
Diversification to an existing equity portfolio
Direct Debit/Standing order convenience
• Duly executed subscription form
• One passport photograph for each applicant
• A government issued identity card (national ID card, Driver’s license, International Passport, Voter’s card etc)
• Proof of address showing your name/surname
How to invest
- Complete Subscription Form and submit at any branch of Stanbic IBTC nationwide with the documentation stated above. Please note that you are not required to make payment at this stage.
- The account will be opened within one business day and your e-account number will be sent to you via email
- Upon receipt of the e-account number, transfer the funds to the designated bank account (find below) using your e-account number as reference/remark etc.
- The investment will be booked following which login details will be sent to you within two business days
For Existing Subscribers:
- Transfer directly from your bank account to the designated bank account (find below) using your e-account number as reference/remark
- Online at https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML or by clicking on the top up link when you log on to your mutual fund account
- Direct Debit or standing order (Please click here for a Direct Debit mandate form)
Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Account name: Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund
Account number: 9202476223
Redeem Your Investment
To redeem a part or all your investments at any time:
- Login to your mutual fund account via the web or mobile app and initiate a redemption. The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within two (2) working days. Please note that the daily limit for online redemption is N2,500,000.00.
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide.
The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within five (5) working days.
Online Redemption Service
Redeeming a portion or all your investment in Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund Fund can be done online with a couple of clicks. The online redemption service is convenient, flexible, available 24 hours and safe. To activate the online redemption service on your account, we require you to print, execute and submit the Consent Form and Agreement at our office or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC closest to you.
Please note that this service is available to individual and joint account holders only. Institutional subscribers (e.g Corporates, NGOs, Churches etc) cannot be granted access to this service.