Stanbic IBTC Imaan Fund
The primary objective of the Stanbic IBTC Imaan Fund (“Imaan Fund or the Fund”) is to achieve long term capital appreciation of its assets by investing in Shari’ah compliant equity securities approved by the Shari’ah Advisory Committee of the Fund.
The Fund invests a minimum of 60% of its assets in equities of Shari’ah compliant companies listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange while retaining a maximum of 40% in non-interest earning fixed income securities (i.e. Sukuk).
This was originally introduced to private investors in 2011 as Shari’ah Compliant Portfolio and has now been registered with The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) as a publicly traded mutual fund. Investors can benefit from the asset allocation and performance of the fund with as little as N5,000.00 only.
Units of the fund are issued at the prevailing offer price as is equivalent to the market value of subscription. The fund is re-valued at the end of each working day to reflect any changes in the price of the underlying stocks as well as interest earned for that day. This means that the value of units held may change from day to day.
• Imaan Fund was registered with SEC in 2013
• Initial Price: N100.00 (Nominal Value)
• Asset allocation: Minimum 60% in Shariah Compliant Equities, Maximum 40% non-interest fixed income securities (i.e. Sukuk)
• The minimum investment: N5,000 initial and subsequent investment of N5,000.00
• Investments in Shariah Compliant Instruments in line with the principles of Islamic finance
• Governance of the Fund by a Shariah Advisory Committee
• Capital appreciation with competitive returns in the long term
• The Fund can be used as for collateral for bank loans (subject to the bank’s approval)
• Easy entry & exit
• Convenience (Direct Debit / Standing order)
• Duly executed subscription form
• One passport photograph for each applicant
• A government issued identity card (national ID card, Driver’s license, International Passport, Voter’s card etc)
• Proof of address showing your name/surname
How to invest
• Complete Subscription Form and submit at any branch of Stanbic IBTC nationwide with the documentation stated above. Please note that you are not required to make payment at this stage.
• The account will be opened within one business day and your e-account number will be sent to you via email
• Upon receipt of the e-account number, transfer the funds to the designated bank account (find below) using your e-account number as reference/remark etc.
• The investment will be booked following which login details will be sent to you within two business days
• Transfer directly from your bank account to the designated bank account (find below) using your e-account number as reference/remark
• Online at https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML or by clicking on the top up link when you log on to your mutual fund account
• Direct Debit or standing order (Please click here for a Direct Debit mandate form)
Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Account name: Stanbic IBTC Imaan Fund
Account number: 0003190808
Redeem Your Investment
To redeem a part or all your investments at any time:
• Login to your mutual fund account via the web or mobile app and initiate a redemption. The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within two (2) working days. Please note that the daily limit for online redemption is N2,500,000.00.
• Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide.
The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within five (5) working days.
Online Redemption Service
Redeeming a portion or all your investment in Stanbic IBTC Imaan Fund can be done online with a couple of clicks. The online redemption service is convenient, flexible, available 24 hours and safe. To activate the online redemption service on your account, we require you to print, execute and submit the Consent Form and Agreement at our office or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC closest to you.
Please note that this service is available to individual and joint account holders only. Institutional subscribers (e.g Corporates, NGOs, Churches etc) cannot be granted access to this service.