Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund
The Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund (“SIEF or the Fund”) is Nigeria’s first quoted socially responsible mutual fund that allows subscribers to make profitable investments without compromising their religious beliefs and/or principles. The Fund’s objective is achieved by investing at least 60% of its assets in equities of blue chip companies listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange while retaining a maximum of 40% of its total assets in Fixed Income Securities.
The Fund was launched in 2005 at a par value of N1.00 per unit and its primary objective is to achieve long-term capital appreciation of its assets by investing in a carefully selected portfolio of high quality socially responsible equity securities quoted on The Nigerian Stock Exchange. The Fund follows a socially responsible approach to investing and excludes investments in Breweries and Tobacco sectors as well as companies whose activities are considered harmful to the society.
Units of the Fund are issued at the prevailing offer price while redemption out of the Fund are done at the prevailing bid price. The Fund is re-valued at the end of each working day to reflect any changes in the prices of the underlying stocks which means that the value of units held may change from day to day. This link avails you the price history of the Fund from inception till date ( Price History).
SIEF was registered with the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2005
Nominal value: N1.00
Asset Allocation: Minimum 60% in equities of socially responsible companies; maximum 40% in fixed income securities
Minimum application: N5,000.00 for both initial and subsequent investments
Socially responsible approach to investing in Nigeria’s capital market
An excellent capital market risk spreading device, as it invests in a basket of top quality quoted companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange
You can use your holdings for collateral for bank loans
Easy entry & exit
- Duly executed subscription form
- One passport photograph for each applicant
- A government issued identity card (national ID card, Driver’s license, International Passport, Voter’s card etc)
- Proof of address showing your name/surname
How to invest
- Complete Subscription Form and submit at any branch of Stanbic IBTC nationwide with the documentation stated above. Please note that you are not required to make payment at this stage.
- The account will be opened within one business day and your e-account number will be sent to you via email
- Upon receipt of the e-account number, transfer the funds to the designated bank account (find below) using your e-account number as reference/remark etc.
- The investment will be booked following which login details will be sent to you within two business days
For Existing Subscribers:
- Transfer directly from your bank account to the designated bank account (find below) using your e-account number as reference/remark
- Online at https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML or by clicking on the top up link when you log on to your mutual fund account
- Direct Debit or standing order (Please click here for a Direct Debit mandate form)
Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Account name: Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund
Account number: 9202476106
How To Redeem Your Investment
To redeem a part or all your investments at any time:
- Login to your mutual fund account via the web or mobile app and initiate a redemption. The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within two (2) working days. Please note that the daily limit for online redemption is N2,500,000.00.
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide.
The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within five (5) working days.
Online Redemption Service
The online redemption service is convenient, flexible and safe. To activate the online redemption service on your account, we require you to print, execute and submit the Consent Form and Agreement at our office or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC closest to you.
Alternatively, the completed Consent Form and Agreement can be scanned and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this service is available to individual and joint account holders only. Institutional subscribers (e.g. Corporates, NGOs, Churches etc.) cannot be granted access to this service.