The Stanbic IBTC Iman Fund (“Iman Fund”) is the most recent addition to the basket of Mutual Fund offerings by Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited. The primary objective of the Fund is to achieve Long term capital appreciation of its assets by investing in Shariah Compliant equity securities approved by the Shariah Advisory Committee of the Fund.
The Fund invests a minimum of 70% of its assets in equities of Shariah compliant companies listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange while retaining a maximum of 30% in non-interest earning fixed income securities (i.e. Sukuk).
This was originally introduced to private investors in 2011 as Shariah Compliant Portfolio and has now been registered with The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) as a publicly traded mutual fund. With the recent registration of the Iman Fund, investors can now benefit from the asset allocation and performance of the fund with as little as N50,000.00 only.
Units of the fund are issued at the prevailing offer price as is equivalent to the market value of subscription. The fund is re-valued at the end of each working day to reflect any changes in the price of the underlying stocks as well as interest earned for that day. This means that the value of units held may change from day to day.
- Iman Fund was registered with SEC in 2013
- Initial Price: N100.00 (Nominal Value)
- Portfolio Allocation: Minimum 70% in Shariah Compliant Equities, Maximum 30% non-interest fixed income securities (i.e. Sukuk)
- The minimum application: N50,000 and subsequent investments of N50,000.00
- Subsequent investments can be made at any of our offices or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc and online via the Quickteller payment platform at https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML or at your nearest Quickteller-enabled ATM. Subsequent investments can also be made via direct debit / standing order from your bank account.
- Investments in Shariah Compliant Instruments in line with the principles of Islamic finance
- Governance of the Fund by a Shariah Advisory Committee
- Easy entry & exit
- Direct Debit / Standing order convenience
How to invest in the Stanbic IBTC Iman Fund
For New Subscribers
- Fill in a Subscription Form and issue a cheque or draft for the cost of units applied for or initiate a transfer to the fund’s account.
- Please make the cheque/draft payable to First Trustees/Iman Fund
- Send the cheque/draft or evidence of payment, completed Subscription Form and other documents to any of our offices in Lagos, Abuja, or Port-Harcourt or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- If you are buying from outside Nigeria it is easy to do so. Find out how
- Within five days, we will send you an email confirming purchase of units and telling you how to log in to your account
For Existing Subscribers
- Quickteller-enabled ATM (Please click here for list of ATM payment codes)
- Online at https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML
- Direct Debit or standing order (Please click here for a Direct Debit mandate form)
- Send a cheque and completed purchase order form to any Stanbic IBTC Asset Management office.
Redeem Your Investment
- You can redeem a part or all your investments at any time
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide
- The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within five (5) working days.
Online Redemption Service
- Redeeming a portion or all your investment in Stanbic IBTC Iman Fund can be done online with a couple of clicks. The online redemption service is convenient, flexible, available 24 hours and safe. To activate the online redemption service on your account, we require you to print, execute and submit the Consent Form and Agreement at our office or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC closest to you.
- Please note that this service is meant for individual unit holders only and thus joint account and institutional subscribers (e.g. Corporates, NGOs, Churches etc.) cannot be granted access to this service.