The Stanbic IBTC Bond ("SIBOND") fund is an open ended Unit Trust Scheme authorized and registered in Nigeria under Section 160 of the Investment & Securities Act no 29 2007. The primary objective of the fund is to achieve competitive returns on its asset with minimal risk as appreciation is its main focus. The fund will enable investors enjoy a high level of income or return which investment in bonds provides.
The fund aims to pool investors fund together to achieve returns consistent with its stated objectives by investing in a diversified portfolio of high quality bonds and other fixed income securities. The Fund will invest a minimum of 65% of its asset in high quality bonds including government bonds, corporate bonds, Eurobonds and other fixed income securities, while a maximum of 35% will be invested in quality money market instruments including Treasury Bills, Banker’s Acceptances, Commercial Papers, Promissory Notes, Call Money, Certificates of Deposit and Fixed Deposits with banks rated “A” and above in Nigeria.
Investors with a minimum amount of N100,000.00 can subscribe to the Fund. The fund also offers an opportunity for parents/guardians to subscribe to units of the fund on behalf of and in the name of minors like all the other Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds. The Fund also enables foreign investors to subscribe and repatriate their redemption proceeds at the prevailing official foreign exchange rate.
In summary the fund offers investors Security, Liquidity, Competitive Yields, Flexibility and Diversification of their investment portfolio alongside the experience and track record of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management track record in the Nigerian financial market.
The Initial Public Offering of the Stanbic IBTC Bond Fund (download prospectus) of 10,000,000 units of N1.00 each at N100.00 per unit payable in full on Application opens on Monday, 16 November 2009 and closes on Wednesday, 23 December 2009.
- Initial Price N100 (Nominal Value)
- Portfolio allocation : Minimum 65% in Bonds and Maximum 35% in Money Market
- Minimum investment : N100,000.00 and subsequent investments of N100,000.000
- Subsequent investments can be made via the Quickteller payment platform online at www.quickteller.com or at your nearest Quickteller enabled ATM. Subsequent investments can also be made via direct debit / standing order from your bank account.
How to invest in the Stanbic IBTC Bond Fund
For New Subscribers
- Fill in a Subscription Form and issue a cheque or draft for the cost of Units applied for
- Please make a cheque/draft payable to First Trustees/Stanbic IBTC Bond Fund (i.e Stanbic IBTC Bond Fund)
- Send the cheque and completed Subscription Form and other documents to any of our offices in Lagos, Abuja, or Port-Harcourt, or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- If you are buying from outside Nigeria it is Easy to do so. Find out how
- You can also buy online with very easy steps
- Within 5 days, we will send you an email confirming purchase of units and telling you how to log in to your account
For Existing Subscribers
- Direct Debits
Redeem Your Investment
- You can redeem a part or all your investments at any time
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide
- After Five working days the proceeds will be transferred to the account of your choice
- Avails retail investors access to the bond market
Answers to Your Questions
- We have all the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions on the SIBTC Bond Fund
- An excellent risk spreading device, as it invests in a basket of top quality Federal, State and Corporate Bond securities as well as money market instruments
- You can use your holdings for collateral for bank loans
- Capital appreciation with competitive returns
- Easy entry & exit
- Avails retail investors easy access to the bond market