The Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund (“the Fund”) is an open ended Unit Trust Scheme authorized and registered in Nigeria under Section 160 of the Investment & Securities Act no 29 2007 .The Fund is to invest 100% of its assets in low risk money market securities with financial institutions in Nigeria rated “A” and above by a recognized local rating agency recognized by the commission. The fund was recently assigned a “Aa(f)” rating by Agusto & Co. This is the highest rating yet to be conferred on a fund managed in Nigeria by the reputable rating agency.
The rating as defined by the acclaimed rating agency denotes a fund with minimal exposure to downside risk (i.e. impairment of the net asset value) in the medium term. The rating was also supported by the good quality of the underlying assets which are in line with SEC guidelines for money market funds (please click here for press release from Agusto & Co).
The Fund is aimed at investors interested in fixed term deposit placements or hybrid current accounts and are looking to achieve higher returns from such investments which ordinarily is only available to “institutional” investors. The Fund offers access to a diversified portfolio of money market securities such as Guaranteed Commercial Papers, Treasury Bills, Bankers Acceptance, Certificate of Deposit and other fixed income investments with rated financial institutions in Nigeria.
The primary objective of the Fund will be achieved by utilising the bargaining power that is obtained from pooling of funds to actively invest in a portfolio of short term money market securities and government papers. The fund also offers an opportunity for parents/ Guardian to subscribe to units of the fund on behalf of and in the name of minors like all the other Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds. The Fund also enables foreign investors to subscribe and repatriate their redemption proceeds at the prevailing official foreign exchange rate.
With a minimum investment amount of N50,000.00, the Fund offers investors Liquidity, Capital Preservation, Competitive Yields, Flexibility and Diversification of their investment portfolio alongside the experience and track record of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management in the Nigerian financial market.
The Initial Public Offering of the Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund (download prospectus) of 10,000,000 units at N100.00 per unit at par payable in full on Application opened on Monday, 16 November 2009 and closed on Friday, 20 November 2009. View the Price History of the Fund.
- Initial Price N100 Norminal Value
- Portfolio allocation : 100% Money Market investments
- Minimum investment : N50,000.00 and subsequent investment of N50,000.00
- Subsequent investment can be made via the Quickteller payment platform online at www.quickteller.com or at your nearest Quickteller enabled ATM. Subsequent investments can also be made via direct debit / standing order from your bank account.
How to invest in the Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund
For New Subscribers:
- Fill in a Subscription Form and issue a cheque or draft for the cost of Units applied for
- Please make a draft payable to name place of the Fund (i.e Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund)
- Send the cheque and completed Subscription Form and other documents to any of our offices in Lagos, Abuja, or Port-Harcourt, or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- If you are buying from outside Nigeria it is Easy to do so. Find out how
- You can also buy online if you are an existing subscriber with very easy steps
- Within 5 days, we will send you an email confirming purchase of units and telling you how to log in to your account
For Existing Subscribers:
- Direct Debit
Redeem Your Investment
- You can redeem a part or all your investments at any time
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide
- After Five working days the proceeds will be transferred to the account of your choice
Answers to Your Questions
- We have all the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions on the SIBTC Money Market Fund
- Capital Preservation
- Quarterly income streams
- Suitable for risk averse / near cash investors
- Professional management at an affordable price
- Competitive returns that rival direct money market placements
- Cash flow and liquidity management
- Ease of entry and exit
- Diversification to an existing equity portfolio
- Direct Debit/Standing order convenience