The Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund ("SIEF") is Nigeria’s first quoted socially responsible mutual fund that allows subscribers to make profitable investments without compromising their religious beliefs and/or principles. Launched in 2005, the primary objective of The Ethical Fund is to achieve long-term capital appreciation of its assets by investing in a carefully selected portfolio of high quality equity securities quoted on The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The Ethical Fund follows a socially responsible approach to investing and excludes investments in Breweries and Tobacco sectors of The Nigerian Stock Exchange as well as companies whose activities are considered harmful to the society.
The Ethical Fund’s objective is achieved by investing at least 75% of The Fund’s assets in equities of blue chip companies listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange while retaining a maximum of 25% of its total assets in money market instruments. Subscriptions to The Fund are processed at the prevailing offer price as is equivalent to the monetary value of subscription. The Fund is re-valued at the end of each working day to reflect any changes in the price of the underlying stocks. This means that the value of unit holding may change from day to day. The aim of The Fund is to achieve capital appreciation over the long term without compromising religious beliefs and principles. View Price History.
- The first Ethical fund to be launched in the history of the Nigerian capital market
- Allows subscribers to invest in the capital market without compromising their religious beliefs and principles
- Invests at least 75% of its assets in selected equities of Nigerian quoted companies, while retaining a maximum of 25% in quality fixed income securities
- The minimum application to The Ethical Fund is N50,000 and subsequent investments of N20,000.00
- Subsequent investments can be made via the Quickteller payment platform online
at www.quickteller.com or at your
nearest Quickteller-enabled ATM. Subsequent investments can also be made via
direct debit / standing order from your bank account.
- Quoted in 2005
- Initial Price: N1.00 (Nominal Value). View Price History
How to invest in the Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund
For New Subscribers
- Fill in a Subscription Form and issue a cheque or draft for the cost of Units applied for
- Please make a cheque/draft payable to First Trustees/Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund
- Send the cheque and completed Subscription Form and other documents to any of our offices in Lagos, Abuja, or Port-Harcourt, or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- If you are buying from outside Nigeria it is easy to do so. Find out how
- You can also buy online in a few easy steps
- Within 5 days, we will send you an email confirming purchase of units and telling you how to log in to your account
For New Subscribers:
- Direct Debits
Redeem Your Investment
- You can redeem a part or all your investments at any time
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide
- Within 5 working days the proceeds will be transferred to the account of your choice
Answers to Your Questions
- We have all the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions on the SIBTC Ethical Fund.
- View Price History by date.
- Socially responsible approach to investing in Nigeria’s capital market
- An excellent capital market risk spreading device, as it invests in a basket of top quality quoted companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange
- You can use your holdings for collateral for bank loans
- Capital appreciation with competitive returns
- Easy entry & exit