The Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund ("SIEF") is Nigeria’s first quoted socially responsible mutual fund that allows subscribers to make profitable investments without compromising their religious beliefs and/or principles. Launched in 2005, the primary objective of The Ethical Fund is to achieve long-term capital appreciation of its assets by investing in a carefully selected portfolio of high quality socially responsible equity securities quoted on The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The Ethical Fund follows a socially responsible approach to investing and excludes investments in Breweries and Tobacco sectors of The Nigerian Stock Exchange as well as companies whose activities are considered harmful to the society.
The Ethical Fund’s objective is achieved by investing at least 75% of The Fund’s assets in equities of blue chip companies listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange while retaining a maximum of 25% of its total assets in Fixed Income Securities. Subscriptions to The Fund are processed at the prevailing offer price as is equivalent to the monetary value of subscription. The Fund is re-valued at the end of each working day to reflect any changes in the price of the underlying stocks. This means that the value of unit holding may change from day to day. The aim of The Fund is to achieve capital appreciation over the long term without compromising religious beliefs and principles. View Price History.
- The first Ethical fund to be launched in the history of the Nigerian capital market
- Allows subscribers to invest in the capital market without compromising their religious beliefs and principles
- Invests at least 75% of its assets in selected equities of Nigerian quoted companies, while retaining a maximum of 25% in quality fixed income securities
- The minimum application to The Ethical Fund is N50,000 and subsequent investments of N20,000.00
- Subsequent investments can be made via the Quickteller payment platform online at https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML or at your nearest Quickteller-enabled ATM (Please click here for list of payment codes). Subsequent investments can also be made via direct debit / standing order from your bank account.
- Quoted in 2005
- Initial Price: N1.00 (Nominal Value). View Price History
How to invest in the Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund
For New Subscribers
- Fill in a Subscription Form and issue a cheque or draft for the cost of Units applied for
- Please make a cheque/draft payable to First Trustees/Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund
- Send the cheque and completed Subscription Form and other documents to any of our offices in Lagos, Abuja, or Port-Harcourt, or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- If you are buying from outside Nigeria it is easy to do so. Find out how
- Within 5 days, we will send you an email confirming purchase of units and telling you how to log in to your account
For Existing Subscribers:
- Quickteller-enabled ATM (Please click here for list of payment codes)
- Online https://www.quickteller.com/SIAML
- Direct Debit or standing order (Please click here for a Direct Debit mandate form)
- Send a cheque and completed purchase order form to any Stanbic IBTC Asset Management office
Redeem Your Investment
- You can redeem a part or all your investments at any time
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide
- The proceeds of your redemption will be transferred to your nominated bank account within five (5) working days.
- Online Redemption Service
- Redeeming a portion or all your investment in Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund can be done online with a couple of clicks. The online redemption service is convenient, flexible, available 24 hours and safe. To activate the online redemption service on your account, we require you to print, execute and submit the Consent Form and Agreement at our office or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC closest to you.
- Please note that this service is meant for individual unit holders only and thus joint account and institutional subscribers (e.g Corporates, NGOs, Churches etc) cannot be granted access to this service.
Answers to Your Questions
- We have all the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions on the SIBTC Ethical Fund.
- View Price History by date.
- Socially responsible approach to investing in Nigeria’s capital market
- An excellent capital market risk spreading device, as it invests in a basket of top quality quoted companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange
- You can use your holdings for collateral for bank loans
- Easy entry & exit