Introduced in 2007, this Fund is designed to protect your principal investment and still give you long-term growth. The principal amount invested is guaranteed against diminution in value provided the investment is held for a minimum of three months.
The Fund’s objectives are achieved by investing a minimum of 75% of the portfolio in fixed income securities including Federal Government Bonds, Money Market Securities and other approved by Nigeria’s Securities & Exchange Commission; and a maximum of 25% in equities of blue chip companies listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund ("SIGIF") was launched in 2007 at a nominal value of N100.00 per unit. Although the primary objective of The Fund is to achieve long-term capital appreciation of its assets, the principal amount invested is also guaranteed against diminution in value provided the investment is held for a minimum of three months.
Like the other mutual funds under management, subscriptions are processed at the prevailing offer price on the relevant day and the fund is re-valued at the end of each working day to reflect any changes in the price of the underlying assets. This means that the value of investment held may change from day to day.
- Principal investment guaranteed after three months
- Invests a minimum of 75% of its assets in quality fixed income securities, while retaining a maximum of 25% in selected equities of Nigerian quoted companies.
- The minimum application :N50,000 and subsequent investments of N20,000.00
- Subsequent investments can be made via the Quickteller payment platform online at www.quickteller.com or at your nearest Quickteller-enabled ATM. Subsequent investments can also be made via direct debit / standing order form your bank account.
- Quoted in 2007
- Initial Price: N100.00 (Nominal Value)
How to invest in the Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund
For New Subscribers:
- Fill in a Subscription Form and issue a cheque or draft for the cost of Units applied for
- Please make a cheque/draft payable to First Trustees/Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund
- Send the cheque and completed Subscription Form and other documents to any of our offices in Lagos, Abuja, or Port-Harcourt, or any branch of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- If you are buying from outside Nigeria it is Easy to do so. Find out how
- You can also buy online with very easy steps
- Within 5 days, we will send you an email confirming purchase of units and telling you how to log in to your account
For Existing Subscribers:
- Direct Debit
Redeem Your Investment
- You can redeem a part or all your investments at any time
- Fill in a Redemption Form and submit to any of our branches nationwide
- Within five working days the proceeds will be transferred to the account of your choice
Answers to Your Questions
- We have all the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions on the SIBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund
- An excellent risk spreading device as it invests in fixed income securities as well as a basket of top quality quoted companies
- You can use your holdings for collateral for bank loans
- Capital appreciation with competitive returns
- Easy entry & exit
- The fund allows you to participate in any upside gains in the capital market whilst limiting your downside risk i.e. risk to your principal investment