Invest in our Mutual Funds today and benefit from our in-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Financial markets. We ensure that our client's Funds are managed professionally to achieve the stated objectives.
Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited offers you the choice of either conservative or aggressive mutual funds depending on the level of risk you are willing to take, bearing in mind the level of risk you take and potential returns are directly related.
Mutual Funds invest in a variety of stocks, bonds, money market instruments or other securities in line with the objective of the fund.
Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited currently manages eight open-ended Mutual Funds regulated by the Securities & Exchange Commission ("SEC").
Benefits of Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds
- Full time professional management by Fund Manager
- Ideal for clients that do not have the time to follow the capital market daily
- Diversified Portfolio i.e. combines your investment options
- Direct Debit feature available
- Excellent avenue for children (through their parents) to have investments
- Liquidity & Easy Exit
- Can be used as collateral for loans from most banks
- New investors can join easily
- Online access to investment
Features of the Mutual Funds
Find out which funds are best for you by comparing the features of the funds. If you are risk averse, you may prefer a fund with more weighting in fixed income as against one with equities:
Aggressive Mutual Funds
|Features||Stanbic IBTC Nigerian Equity Fund||Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund||Stanbic IBTC Balanced Fund||Stanbic IBTC Iman Fund|
|Asset Allocation||Equities - Min 75%, Fixed income - Max 25%||Equities - Min 75%, Fixed income - Max 25%||Equities – Max. 60%, Real Estate/REIT – Max 15%, Fixed income - Min 40%||Shariah compliant equities – Min 70%; Non-interest earning fixed income securities (e.g. Sukuk and Cash) Max - 30%|
|Restricted Investments||None||Breweries & Tobacco||None||Non-Shariah Compliant Equities and Interest earning fixed income securities|
|Redemption||Within 5 working days||Within 5 working days||Within 5 working days||Within 5 working days|
|Subsequent Investment||N20,000.00 minimum||N20,000.00 minimum||N20,000.00 minimum||N50,000.00 minimum|
|Handling Charge||2% if investments are redeemed within the first three (3) months||1% if investments are redeemed within the first three (3) months||1% if investments are redeemed within the first three (3) months||No Handling Charge|
Conservative Mutual Funds
|Features||Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund||Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund||Stanbic IBTC Bond Fund|
|Asset Allocation||Fixed income – Min 75%; Equities – Max 25%||100% Money Market Securities e.g. Treasury Bills, Commercial Papers and Fixed Deposits||Bonds – Min 65%,
Money Market – Max 35%
|Guarantee||Principal guaranteed (after 3 months)||No||No|
|Redemption||5 Working days||5 Working days||5 Working days|
|Subsequent Investment||N20,000.00 minimum||N50,000.00 minimum||N100,000.00 minimum|
|Handling Charge||No handling charge||0.5% ( if redemption is made within the first 30 days)||1% ( if redemption is made within the first 91 days)|
Stanbic IBTC Umbrella Fund:
|S/N||FUND TYPE||ASSET ALLOCATION||RISK PROFILE|
|1||Aggressive Portfolio||Minimum of 60% in Equities; Maximum 40% in Fixed Income Securities||Investors with High Risk Appetite|
|2||Conservative Portfolio||Maximum of 30% in Equities; Minimum of 70% in Fixed Income Securities||Investors with Low Risk Appetite|
|3||Absolute Return Portfolio||100% in Fixed Income Securities||Risk Averse Investors|
- Competitive returns
- Opportunity to invest in more than one fund type based on your objective(s). For example, Investment in the Aggressive Portfolio with risk capital whilst at the same time investing in the Conservative/Absolute Return Portfolio to secure principal for payment of say, children's school fees.
- Liquidity provision within two (2) business days
- Increased scale, attention and speed of investment execution
- Flexibility to move between fund types once a year, set up standing orders and transfer instructions
- Reduced transaction cost.
- Opportunity to dematerialize share certificates into the portfolio